The Rotary Club of Kings Bay
George Washington Carver Community Center
95 Three Sisters Spring Trail
Crystal River, FL 34429
Every Wednesday @ 12:15
On June 26th our speaker will be
Melissa Bowermaster -
On July 3rd we start our new Rotary year
The meeting will take the form of
A Club Assembly
when we will discuss possible plans
for the coming year
President: Paula Anspach
Vice-President: Randy Fife
President-Elect: David Littlejohn
President-Elect-Elect: David Calloway
Secretary: Deborah Yerman
Treasurer: Terri Dallaire
Director: Jim Jones
Director: Tom Gotterup
Director: Alan Markham
Director: Sondra Moylan
Director: Richard Munsell
Director: Randy Canal
Director: Irina Stager
Sergeant-at-Arms: Phil Noll
2018 - 2019: Paula Anspach
District 6950 - Club 23796
P.O. Box 27, Crystal River, FL. 34423
Email Us: email@example.com
Planning a visit to the Nature Coast of Florida in the future? We invite you to join us for our weekly luncheon meeting.
WEDNESDAY 12:15 PM
Registration & Fellowship begins at 11:45
At George Washington Carver Community Center
95 Three Sisters Spring Trail, Crystal River, FL 34429
Citrus County, Florida is one of the most diverse counties in the state of Florida. We are known as the Nature Coast.
Citrus County offers a wide range of outdoor activities including golf, saltwater and fresh water fishing, airboat tours, manatee tours, outdoor festivals, wilderness areas, a 47-mile Trail through the county for horseback riding, jogging, walking, and inline skaters. Rolling hills and naturally beautiful crystal clear springs, rivers and lakes set this section of Florida apart from cities in the state.
Citrus County is approximately 70 miles north of Tampa on Florida’s West Coast and is located only a short distance from many of Florida’s hottest attractions and theme parks. Florida’s major airports are located only 2 hours away with shuttle services available.
The north and eastern sides of the county are bound by the Withlacoochee River, the east by the Tsala Apopka chain of lakes and the west by the Gulf of Mexico. In addition to the Withlacoochee State Forest & Chassahowitzka National Wildlife Refuge, Citrus County has over 52 miles of gulf coast, 106 miles of rivers, and 19,111 acres of lakes. The 30 or so natural springs flow over 600 million gallons of water daily. Over 152,000 acres of its 683-square miles included wildlife parks and reserves. According to national sporting publications, we are ranked as one of the top 12 best fishing spots in North America.
- Our club was started in 1985 and chartered in 1986.
- John Gibbs was appointed as President.
- Charter Members were: Jim Blackshear, Bill Brockman, Roy Brown, Eugene Bush. John Gibbs, Robert Granger, Dick Gustafson, James Hoge, Foster Jones, Al Lesbirel, Mark Lowe, Charlie Nugent, Ronald O’Connell, Al Stillman, Del Swafford, Bruce Van Vlack, Tom Utsey, Ed Velez, Bruno Zioerjen
- Since 1985 the club has been involved in the Crystal River community and beyond.
Over the years the Kings Bay club has been involved in:
- bringing an iron lung to the area to demonstrate the need for contributions to the Rotary aim of the eradication of polio worldwide. An aim ALMOST achieved with only 39 cases worldwide.
- furnishing Hospice House in Lecanto in partnership with other Citrus County Rotary clubs
- an International water project to bring drinkable water in Honduras
- the improvement of Copeland Park and Kings Bay Park in Crystal River
- an ongoing project to send used USA fire tenders to Guatemala
- the successful One Rake at a Time project to remove lyngbya from Kings Bay
- raising funds, along with the City of Crystal River and others for the purchase of Three Sisters Springs
- organizing the annual Stone Crab Jam which raises large sums of money for the Kings Bay Rotary Charitable Foundation
- donating to many youth groups, social and welfare groups, including:
- Citrus County Education Foundation
- Citrus County Veterans Coalition
- Coastal Camp Citrus
- Community Food Bank of Citrus County
- Crystal River HS NJROTC
- George Washington Community Center
- Guardian Ad Litem
- Habitat for Humanity
- Nature Coast Ministries Dental Clinic
- Nature Coast Young Marines
- Operation Welcome Home
- Rotary Camp Florida
- United Way of Citrus County